Backup Power When You Need It
Backup Power When You Need It
GenServe is the Mid Atlantic’s premier backup generator maintenance company and is growing quickly. To meet the demand, we’re looking to add new members to our team.
Interested? Applying takes less than 60 seconds and you’ll hear back in just a couple of days.
• Generator Technician – Boca Raton, FL
• Generator Technician – Fairfield, NJ
• Generator Technician – Plainview, NY
• Generator Technician – Pennsauken, NJ
• Generator Technician – Lebanon, PA
The Generator Technician is responsible for performing maintenance, diagnostics, and both shop & field repairs on generators of all makes and models and a variety of sizes, as well as providing excellent customer service, and keeping accurate records. Generator Technicians will perform troubleshooting of commercial and industrial diesel/natural gas generators including automatic transfer switches, batteries, and load-bank testing.
1. Performing preventative maintenance and repairs on standby generator systems
2. Troubleshooting and diagnostic testing, load-bank testing, and start-ups
3. Maintaining a vehicle inventory
4. Identifies causes of generator problems and/ or failures
5. Participate in “On-Call” rotation
6. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of generators both during normal working hours and after-hours, weekends, and holidays as directed
7. Effectively communicate with customers and GenServe team
8. Additional duties as assigned
1. Minimum 5 years of related experience/training or equivalent combination of both education and experience
2. Must be open to working overtime, including evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed
3. Previous experience working on commercial and industrial generators
4. Exceptional communication and customer service skills
5. Preferred knowledge of the electrical and mechanical systems (such as generators, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS units)
6. The ability to participate in an on call, rotating schedule (On call 24/7)
7. Valid State Driver’s License
8. Excellent organizational skills
9. Proficient with generator and transfer switch controls
10. Must have strong self-management skills
1. Must be able to withstand climate fluctuations and sustain working in cold, hot, humid, and windy environmental conditions that are associated with working outside as well as indoors with generator machinery.
2. Must be able to walk, stand, sit, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, reach overhead, push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
3. Normal vision range (with or without corrective eye-ware); ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols 100% of the time.
4. Work Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Company Match 401k
• Paid vacation
• Sign-on Bonus
Most technicians take their van home with them and only stop by their branch a couple of times a week to re-stock parts.
We look for individuals willing to take extreme pride and ownership in their work. Our team members are ready to tackle just about anything that might come their way on a given shift.
• Emergency response & troubleshooting
• Preventative maintenance, repairs and upgrades
• Load bank testing
• Major overhauls & restorations
• Ancillary electric equipment and much more!
Have a background in diesel motors but not generators?
No problem. The transition is very easy for most techs, and we provide formal training in our dedicated training facility.
Not only do we provide formal training, but you will also benefit from on-the-job training with an experienced technician and full access to our experts.